Distressing 911 calls show how a 16 -year- old boy pleaded with the 911 dispatcher to send help after he became trapped under the seat of his van. Plush was leaning back to grab tennis gear when the seat collapsed on his chest.
The first grade of seven hills schools first called the 911 around 3:14pm, saying he was trapped in the school parking lot and pleaded for help to be sent immediately.
'Help, help, help. I'm stuck in my van outside the Seven Hills parking lot. Help. I need help,' Plush says.
Plush used the Siri function on his phone to call 911, since he wasn't near his phone.
It also meant that he couldn't hear the dispatcher when she tried to get a more detailed description of his location, and in turn, the 911 operator struggled to hear Plush because he was so far away from his phone.
'Where are you?' the dispatcher asks. 'I can't hear you, I'm in desperate need of help,' Plush responds.
'What is the address?' the dispatcher asks. 'Help, help help. I can't hear you,' Plush says.
'Where are you? the dispatcher asks again 'If you don't send help I'm gonna die soon,' Plush says.
At 3:26pm, a deputy arrived at the scene and searched at least two of the parking lots around the school, but doesn't find anything.'The deputy tried calling Plush back but the call went to voicemail after a few rings.
At 3: 35pm, plush made his second and final call, but this time, he sounded more desperate.'This is not a joke. This is not a joke. I'm trapped inside a gold Honda Odyssey van,' he says. 'I probably don't have much time left. Tell me mom I love her if I die,' he adds.
Later that night, Plush's mom Jill called 911 herself, to report him missing - saying he had not returned home after a tennis match. Police said a friend called the boy's parents that evening saying he hadn't shown up as planned for a tennis match. His mother used an app to locate his phone at Seven Hills. They called the county dispatch center, and police said the father, Ron, then arrived at the unlocked vehicle and found the unresponsive teen inside. Police and fire respondents getting there just before 9pm were unable to revive him.
No comments:
Post a Comment